Open access publications
- Matjaž Glavan, Špela Železnikar, Gerard Velthof, Sandra Boekhold, Sindre Langaas and Marina Pintar. 2019. How to Enhance the Role of Science in European Union Policy Making and Implementation: The Case of Agricultural Impacts on Drinking Water Quality. Water 2019, 11(3), 492; https://doi.org/10.3390/w11030492
- Kim, H.; Surdyk, N.; Moller, I. ; Graversgaard, M., Blicher-Mathiesen, G. ; Henriot, A. ; Dalgaard, T. ; Hansen B. Lag time as an Indicator of the link between Agricultural Pressure and Drinking Water Quality State. Water 2020, 12, 2385 https://doi.org/10.3390/w12092385
- Klages, S.; Heidecke, C.; Osterburg, B. The Impact of Agricultural Production and Policy on Water Quality during the Dry Year 2018, a Case Study from Germany. Water 2020, 12, 1519. https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4441/12/6/1519
- Klages, S.; Heidecke, C.; Osterburg, B.; Bailey, J.; Calciu, I.; Casey, C.; Dalgaard, T.; Frick, H.; Glavan, M.; D’Haene, K.; Hofman, G.; Leitão, I.A.; Surdyk, N.; Verloop, K.; Velthof, G. Nitrogen Surplus—A Unified Indicator for Water Pollution in Europe? Water 2020, 12, 1197. https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4441/12/4/1197
- Nicholson, F.; Krogshave Laursen, R.; Cassidy, R.; Farrow, L.; Tendler, L.; Williams, J.; Surdyk, N.; Velthof, G. How Can Decision Support Tools Help Reduce Nitrate and Pesticide Pollution from Agriculture? A Literature Review and Practical Insights from the EU FAIRWAY Project. Water 2020, 12, 768. https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4441/12/3/768/htm
Other publications in which FAIRWAY is acknowledged
- Carvalho L., Mackay E.B., Cardoso A. C., Baattrup-Pedersend A., Birke S., Blackstock K. L., Borics G., Borjah A., Felde C. K., Ferreira M. T., Globevnik L., Grizzetti B., Hendry S., Hering D., Kelly M., Langaas S., Meissner K., Panagopoulos Y., Solheimm A. L. 2019. Protecting and restoring Europe's waters: An analysis of the future development needs of the Water Framework Directive. Science of The Total Environment, 658, pp 1228-1238. Open Access https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S004896971835126X
Graversgaard, M., Hedelin, B., Smith, L., Gertz, F., Højberg, A.L., Langford, J., Martinez, G., Mostert, E., Ptak, E., Peterson, H., Stelljes, N., van den Brink, C., Refsgaard, J.C. 2018. Opportunities and Barriers for Water Co-Governance—A Critical Analysis of Seven Cases of Diffuse Water Pollution from Agriculture in Europe, Australia and North America Sustainability. 10(5), 1634; Open Access https://doi.org/10.3390/su10051634
- Boekhold, S. 2018. Balancing economy and sustainability: defragmentation of European policies to enhance the effectiveness of local scale water governance. International Conference Water Science for Impact 16 October 2018, Wageningen, NL
- A.E. Boekhold, B.I. Wright, J. Rowbottom, K. Dudman, F.M. Platjouw, S.Wuijts. 2019. Innovative governance approaches to protect drinking water resources against nitrate and pesticide pollution from agriculture. Land Use and Water Quality Conference 3-6 June 2019, Aarhus, Denmark
- Sandra Boekhold. 2019. Policy and governance for a more effective drinking water protection, elements from the H2020 project FAIRWAY. Workshop 'Better integration of drinking water considerations into river basin management planning, links between drinking water, water frame work and groundwater directives’ on 16 October 2019 under the Finland's presidency of the council of the European Union, jointly organised by the EU Common Implementation Strategy (CIS) working group on groundwater and drinking water experts.
- M.C. Commelin, P.Groenendijk, J. Baartman, S. Klages, I. Calciu, A. Ferreira. M. Graversgaard, I Wright, V. Geissen, O. Oenema. 2019. Effectiveness of agricultural management practices to reduce pesticide pollution to ground and surface waters –a meta-analysis. Land Use and Water Quality Conference 3-6 June 2019, Aarhus, Denmark
- M. Commelin, S. Klages, I.Calciu, A. Ferreira. M. Graversgaard, I Wright, O. Oenema. 2019. Review of measures to decrease nitrate pollution of drinking water. Land Use and Water Quality Conference 3-6 June 2019, Aarhus, Denmark
- M. Glavan, M. Pintar, G. Velthof, P. Schipper. 2019. Evaluation of barriers and issues in providing integrated scientific support for EU policy Land Use and Water Quality Conference 3-6 June 2019, Aarhus, Denmark
- Hasler, B. 2018. Plans and results of the H2020 projects WATERPROTECT and FAIRWAY related to Water, Agriculture and CAP. Water and Agriculture – Addressing Diffuse Water Pollution through the post-2020 CAP. European Commission, Task Force on Water and Agriculture. 27 November 2018, Sorø, Denmark
- R. K. Laursen, F. Bondgaard, P. Schipper, K. Verloop, L. Tendler, R. Cassidy, L. Farrow, D. Doody, F. A. Nicholson, J.R. Williams, I. Wright, J. Rowbottom, I. A. Leitão, A. Ferreira, B. Hasler, M. Glavan, A. Jamsek, N. Surdyk, J. Van Vliet, P. Leendertse, M. Hoogendoorn, L. Jackson-Blake. 2019. Decision support tools for reduction of nitrate and pesticide pollution from agriculture. Land Use and Water Quality Conference 3-6 June 2019, Aarhus, Denmark
- F. Sudnes, C.vanden Brink, A. de Vries 2019. The role of Multi-Actor Platforms in addressing challenges to protect drinking water supplies Land Use and Water Quality Conference 3-6 June 2019, Aarhus, Denmark
- Nicolas Surdyk, Susanne Klages, Christophoros Christophoridis, Donnacha Doody, Birgitte Hansen, Claudia Heidecke, Abel Henriot, Hyojin Kim, Sonja Schimmelpfennig. 2019. Agri-drinking water indicators (ADWIs): Linkage between agricultural practice and good drinking water quality. Land Use and Water Quality Conference3-6 June 2019, Aarhus, Denmark
- ”Mobile Phone Apps to Manage Pesticides at Field Scale: The Perspective of Northern Ireland Farmers”. Catchment Science 2019 Conference, 5th - 7th November 2019, Wexford, IE.
- ”Pesticide Source Risk Identification – An Evaluation of Decision Support Tools in the Derg Drinking Water Catchment”. Catchment Science 2019 Conference, 5th – 7th November 2019, Wexford, IE.
Last updated: 13 November 2020