24 November: Webinar - Stakeholder engagement and governance arrangements in European agricultural drinking water catchments
The importance and significance was discussed of well-functioning agricultural – water stakeholder engagement and governance arrangements in agricultural drinking water catchments for effective water protection, also recognizing the rights of the food producers.
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Introduction, agenda of the day and practicalities. Sindre Langaas, NIVA
- FAIRWAY and its key messages. Gerard Velthof, WUR
PART 2: CASES
- Example 1: The Island of Tunø – a long standing Danish collaboration. Morten Graversgaard, Aarhus University
- Example 2: A comparison of two Dutch cases. Cors van den Brink, RHDHV
- Example 3: Slovenian case. Katarina Kresnik, Slovenian Chamber of Agriculture and Forestry.
PART 3: SYNTHESIS AND PERSPECTIVES
- Key findings from FAIRWAY on Stakeholder Engagement and Governance Arrangements in Agricultural Drinking Water Catchments. Ingrid Nesheim, NIVA
- Round table discussion on Stakeholder Engagement and Governance Arrangements in Agricultural Drinking Water Catchments; DG Agri (tbc), COPA-COGECA (Niels Peter Nørring), EurEau (Bernard Vallet) and FAIRWAY (Ingrid Nesheim, NIVA & Linda Tendler, Landwirtschaftskammer Niedersachsen)
- The perspective of Europe’s drinking water producers, EurEau
- The perspective of Europe’s food producers, COPA-COGECA
- Conclusions – the way forward, with an emphasis upon further knowledge and innovation needs. Gerard Velthof, WUR.