FAIRWAY and WaterProtect, two projects that recently started under the EU Research and Innovation programme Horizon 2020, aim to protect drinking water resources from pollution by pesticides and nitrates. To reach this ambitious goal, both projects will identify and develop innovative participation and governance strategies and promote the most appropriate mitigation measures in 20 case studies spread across 15 EU member states.
A combined launch meeting for FAIRWAY and WaterProtect will be held in Brussels, on 6 December 2017, from 9 p.m. to 12 p.m; Kortenberglaan 71, (VLEVA offices), Brussels. The launch meeting will be followed in the afternoon by a workshop of the FAIRWAY project to identify barriers and issues in integrating scientific support for EU policy by actors at EU level.
We are particularly inviting actors at the EU level to attend the meeting because we believe that their expertise and knowledge and capacity of the organisations they represent can play an important role in advising and guiding the formative beginning phase of both projects.
- Register here for one or both sessions and lunch (maximum 60 participants)
- Download the invitation to the afternoon FAIRWAY workshop participants
Agenda launch meeting (9 – 12h):
- Short introduction (Arantza Uriarte-Iraola; Research Executive Agency REA)
- Vision and expectations from EU policy perspective (Claudia MURESAN (DG AGRI) / tbc (DG ENV)
- The water and agri innovators’ perspective and multi actor approach (tbc)
- FAIRWAY (Gerard Velthof, coordinator FAIRWAY)
- WaterProtect (Piet Seuntjens, coordinator WaterProtect)
The launch meeting will be followed in the afternoon by a workshop of the FAIRWAY project on identifying barriers and issues in integrating scientific support for EU policy by actors at EU level (13:00 - 16:00h).